Sunday, February 7, 2010

Palm Trees

Palms  Echo Park Palms

 I'm not quite sure why I find palm trees so interesting to photograph, especially with my Holgas. Always standing and swaying, they are part of that iconic old glamorous Hollywood image. Or sandy beaches against blue waters begging you to come and relax for a while. Here in Southern California, they're everywhere, lining residential and business areas alike. All kinds of shapes and sizes. Tall ones, short ones. Shaggy and well groomed. There is something figurative about them. A personality if you will. I always find myself looking at them. These are but a few of my various interpretations of my obsession/fascination with these interesting trees.

Single Palm  palm and clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails