Friday, October 8, 2010

An Afternoon at Venice Beach & Abbot Kinney

I've lived in LA for about 10 years now and there are still so many areas that I have barely explored. This time around, my friend Julia and I went down to Abbot Kinney and Venice Beach (which is very close). Its a cool and funky area with lots of shops and places to grab good food and drink. Plenty of people watching as well as interesting things to photograph. Originally I had intended to try to get some people pictures and ended up not getting much in the way of people at all, more atmospheric. Venice Beach is always an interesting scene with many many different kinds of characters, performers and musicians. It was a bit overwhelming though, to much activity and people. I've decided that next time I'll need to really hang out for the day and people watch and just take my time. A revisit sometime over the Winter could be interesting.

I usually carry more then one plastic camera and in this case had both of my Holgas, Black Slim Devil and a Polaroid SX-70 Sonar.

Red Chairs  Yellow Chairs
Polaroid SX-70 Sonar, ATZ Edgecut film.

Face Masks
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Venice, CA • Canal
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Venice Palms
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Bikes and Beach
Holga 120S Ilford HP5+

Beach Rings
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Seagull
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Handball Courts Venice Beach
Black Slim Devil Kodak Gold 200

Venice Beach
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160

Palms
Black Slim Devil Kodak Gold 200

Flowers and Greens
Holga 120CFN Fuji NPS160



A Summer afternoon around Abbot Kinney and Venice Beach during Labor day weekend. Its strange, I shot these images a little over a month ago and yet it feels like its been longer then that. Time, always messing with me...

1 comment:

  1. like colors and vignette of holga! venice is a great place for take street photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails